1. Administering the datacenter, computer systems and monitoring the online and batch systems’ performance to ensure that the service targets and work schedules are met consistently.
2. Performing the daily datacenter operations and systems backup. All backup tapes are sent to off-site tape storage vendors.
3. Creating and submitting trouble reports on any equipment malfunction. Liaising with vendors on computer equipments and support services.
4. Performing tasks logged in problem management system (i.e. creating of tickets for customers and updating of tickets according to status of problems).
5. Diagnosing and coordinating the problem resolution with second level support groups through escalation.
6. Monitoring and maintaining of system components to prevent down-time.
7. Carrying out resource/systems management including usage of appropriate tools in monitoring and controlling of system performance.
8. Ensuring data center and IT printing room are with proper cleanliness and tidy.
9. Assisting in system enhancements, changes or other systems deployment.
10. Assisting in Computer Disaster Recovery Plan (CDRP) testing and implementation.
1. Diploma/Degree holders with at least 1 years of relevant working experience will be considered. Preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information System, Engineering, Science or its equivalent.
2. Preferably hands on experience in Windows server especially in server room or a data centre environment. Past working experience with SAN solution, MQ-Series, Web Application Server, Wintel Server and backup utilities will be an added advantage.
3. Experience in operating Wintel, UNIX and AS/400 systems (A must).
4. One year of system administration experience on at least one of the followings:
a. Operating systems (Windows 2000/2003 & above).
b. Email systems (Microsoft Exchange 2003 or Lotus Notes Server)
c. Backup and recovery (Backupexec, Netbackup, Arcserve, TSM, etc)
d. System and/or Network Security
e. Fundamental Networking skill set
5. Ability to work independently and as a team, ability to adapt quickly, and possess positive attitude.
6. Ability to prioritize work and maintain the levels of service.
7. Able to perform Shift Work with attractive shift allowances.
8. Good communication
Location: Jalan Raja Chulan nearby Pavillion / Kuala Lumpur
Login to view contact information